Friends of the Congo is mobilizing for “Giving Tuesday” on November 28 and our annual “End of Year Campaign.” Our goal this year is to raise $50,000 by December 31st to support our work inside and outside of the Congo.
Our partners on the ground are involved in:
- • rescuing children from the cobalt mines
- • providing food and housing for internally displaced Congolese
- • protecting biodiversity and the rainforest
- • providing education and meals for street children in the capital city of Kinshasa
- • caring for women who have been victims of sexual violence
- • delivering professional journalistic reports from the frontlines of the conflict in the east of the DRC
- • documenting stories via film from Indigenous and grassroots communities in the DRC
They represent 10% of the Congo’s 145 territories and have a reach of about two million people. They have the answers to the major challenges in the Congo. They simply need to scale their self-sufficient models. With your help, we can accelerate the process of reaching a critical mass; an inflection point that can trigger large-scale change in the heart of the African continent.